Review: Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Youth Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation & The Retoucher Conceal

Wednesday 15 October 2014

I'm super excited to review those two products from Charlotte Tilbury. If you've read my previous blog post Net-A-Porter Haul you might know that I got those two products two month ago. After testing and more testing, I decided to sit down and write a blog post for you guys. 

Okay, let's get started!  


I absolutely love this foundation. The texture is a little bit thick, but is very blendable. It doesn't feel too heavy on your skin, and if you don't need too much coverage, a little bit of the product is enough for your entire face. I like wearing this foundation during the day time, it gives you a very luminous tint with a little bit SPF. 

The another reason that I adore this foundation is that maybe you can't tell when you first put it on in the morning, but after few hours or even longer you can definitely see the difference. If you have oil skin like I do, you will get a littel bit shiny around your nose and on your forehead, but your skin looks super glowing and healthy. When I came back from the work in the afternoon and when I looked at the mirror I thought I liked the look even more than in the morning. 

I use the Louise Young Foundation LY34 brush to apply this foudnation, you can also use the blending brush from the Real Techniques, or the beauty blender. I think for applying this foundation using the brush is better than using your fingers. The formula is quite creamy so it's really easy to blend into your skin. 

I got the shade#5, which is a medium shade. There are 9 shades in total, both for pale and dark skin tone people. You can find it online or in store(only in UK), if you live in Belgium or Netherland or any European countries you can purchase it on the website net-a-porter.  



I got the concealer at the same time with the foundation. The package is super chic and with one twist you can get enough product for your dark circles. I like use it under my eyes, to brighten up my eye area. Sometimes I also use it on my spots, because I'm lazy to use another concealer, but it's ok I think. The formula is very lightweight and creamy, but I figured out if you put too much product under your eyes it will make you look very cakey and the fine lines under your eyes will tend to more visible. Otherwise this concealer does really good job. 

I like to use my finger tip to blend it into my skin firstly, and then use the Real Techniques setting brush to blend it further. 

I'm in the shade 2 fair, which is slightly lighter than the foundation. There are 3 shades: 1 Fair, 2 Fair and Medium. I think this concealer is quite similar to the YSL Touche Eclat. If you love lightweight concealer and you want to try some of the Charlotte Tilbury products I would highly recommend this one. 


My finish look: 


I'm wearing the Retoucher Concealer under my eyes and also on the blemishes that I got on my chin. I don't wear any foundation or powder on my face. As you can tell my skin condition is quite good recently, I only have few marks on my chin. This photo was taken in nature light, and there is no filter and no editing.

I hope you're all doing very well and have a nice week!


post signature