January Favorites 2015

Sunday 1 February 2015


Hello guys, Happy February! I can't believe that today is already the first February, why time passes that fast?! In the month January there were a lot of things had happened to me and to my family... some of them made me very depressed and demotivated, but at the same time there were also lots of fun time, such as our holiday in Barcelona, spending time with family and friends etc. Well, I was quite between happy and unhappy situation... but it's okay to have some down days in the life, I will be fine and I hope in February everything will be alright and get better.

I'm gonna share with you my monthly favorites. I do not do favorite blog post every month, firstly I don't tend to change the stuff I use that often, and secondly I'm not a professional beauty blogger, so I do not have a lot of new products to try out. So if I have nothing to share with you, I would rather not posting. Without further ado, let's jump into it...

1. Chanel CC Earrings

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you've already known that I got my ever first Chanel earrings in December 2014 from my parents. Of course, I couldn't say No to Chanel, but I also didn't want to splurge on the big item, so I got those classic CC earrings as my Christmas and New Year gift, I think they're perfect. If you like me, don't want to spend too much money on a designer handbag, but still wanna get a timeless and classic piece, I think the Chanel CC earrings are the ideal gift to treat yourself as a special gift.

I got mine in Antwerp, in the Chanel store. They are not the classic model but quite similar. The price is quite reasonable for Chanel, €240.

2. Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush

If the Chanel earrings are a little bit on the "Treat yourself" side, this Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush is totally worth every penny that you spent on. I wanted this brush so bad last year, it's on my wish list of 2015. I got mine in Barcelona, I saw it on the Bobbi Brown counter in a shopping mall, and I thought 'I'm gonna get it now, YES right now'. I'm so happy that I did, it is the best foundation brush ever. It makes your foundation super flawless, no marks or harsh lines; the brush is super soft, when I apply my foundation with this brush, I love the feeling when it's on my skin; It's also very easy to travel with, it's kind small in comparion with other MAC brushes or Real Techniques brushes. If you can find a Bobbi Brown counter around you, I highly recommend you to feel the brush first, you will love it.

3. Estée Lauder Double Wear Light SPF 10

I have this foundation for a really long time, I love it, but for some reason I just didn't use it that often as I would be. But this month when I came back from Barcelona, my skin was super dry and sensitive, my other foundation just didn't stay on and make me feel very heavy and uncomfortable. So I rediscovered this Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-in-place Makeup in my makeup drawer, I only use a tiny bit of the product, with my Bobbi Brown full coverage face brush to blend it into the skin, just on the places where I need a bit coverage, such as on my forehead, around my nose and down my chin. The formula is very creamy and lightweight, super easy to blend in, it gives you a luminous finish look, makes your skin more brighter and healthier. The coverage is light to medium but buildable.

I'm in the shade #Intensity 2.0, it matches my skin tone perfectly.

4. Soap & Glory Archery 2-In-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush

This Soap&Glory brow pencil I got not that long ago in London, but I have to mention it here. It's not the first brow pencil that I've used but it's definitely the best one. I will do an another blog post to talk about it and also how I do my eyebrows, so if you are interested in, please come back later. I also want to try the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil, I've heard so many YouTubers and Beauty Bloggers are talking about it and it seems quite good. But you know what, this Soap & Glory one is also not bad at all, and I'm very enjoying using it every morning.

The color (Bondeshell) I got is a little bit lighter because I like my brows a shade or two shades lighter than they have to be.

5. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick

My another new obsession: Red Lipstick. I think I become a big fan of Charlotte Tilbury, I hope I can get everything from her collection; love her makeup products; the package is absolutely gorgeous; the makeup looks that she creates make me super impressed; and this time I'm obsessed with this Matte Revolution Lipstick in the color Love Liberty. Yes, it is a red lipstick, am I crazy? No, I'm not. When I looked at this beautiful color, I knew, I would bring it home with me. If you wanna know more about this lipstick and the another lip liner that I'm also loving a lot, I have a full blog post about those two babes, I will link it here for you. 

6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Skincare favorite of the month is must be this First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. It's my life saver, it saved my sensitive, ichy and dry skin, and made my skin back to the normal condition. Now I still use it in the morning and evening, it's definitely the best moistruzer that I've ever discovered. When I had some skin problems, I always tented to keep my skincare routine quite simpel and especially focus on the problems. And I also tried to not use too much products on my skin, I think sometimes it could be make the skin worse. If you have very dry and sensitive skin, this cream can really save your life. More details are here.  

7. Backpack

I don't know you guys but if I have to go out, I always tend to bring a lot of stuff with me: my purse, my iPad, makeup bag, my water bottle and other small things... That is kinda a good thing because you will never forget something; but it's also kind of a bad thing because the heavy bag does really hurt your shoulder a lot. My mom asked me why you take so many things with you everywhere, and I said because I need them all... as result, my shoulder hurt and it's very painful sometimes. So my solution is: no handbag, well a backpack. I got this backpack from the brand Kipling very long ago, I do only use it when I go traveling. But now, I use it as my everyday bag, even I just go shopping for few hours, I will take it. My shoulder get much more better, and I also feel that I get less tired during a long day if I use this backpack that day. If you have the same problem as I do, leave your heavy jumbo size tote bag at home, and use the backpack instead, you will feel much more comfortable. 

8. Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy

No words to describe how much I love this chocolate, unfortunately I can't find it in Belgium... bad news for chacolate lovers. The jelly popping candys make this chocolate very special, I love the feeling when the candy's popping in you mouth, it feels super strenge but I love it. Every time when I go to London, I have to pop into the Boots, and buy 2, 3 or 4 this Dairy Milk Jelly Popping Candy chocolates... I really hope one day I can find it here in Belgium. 

That's all, I hope you're all enjoying reading my blogs, and if you want to share your January favorites with me please let me know down below. Have a nice weekend and see you next time!



post signature