My 2014 Beauty Favourites

Tuesday 30 December 2014


There is no better post than a BEST Products Recommendation at the end of the year; I'm not the person who spend lots of money on makeup and skincare products. I love makeup; I love taking care of my skin; I love a good hair mask to give my hair an extra healthy glow; but at the same time I always try to find the right products for my skin, for my hair and also for my age.

I picked up 10 Beauty Products that I like the most and used a lot in the year of 2014. 

Nr. 1. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm 

I've already had a review on this Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, and I think all you guys were already familiar with this babe. Does what it said; no fragrance; easy to use; don't dry your skin out. My recommendation is if you want to try a cleansing balm but don't want to splurge a lot of money on; Clinique take the day off cleansing balm can be added in your '2015 To try list'.

Price: €30,00 in Belgium or £ 22,00 in UK

Nr. 2. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II products are very popular in Asia countries, but it's quite hard to get in EU and UK. This Facial Treatment Essence is one of the most well-known products of the brand SK-II. It's described as a miracle product: brighten up your complexion; help moderate the skin surface renewal cycle; reduce the wrinkles; clear out the spots; refine the skin texture etc. This lightweight miracle water is quickly absorbed into the skin, you definitely can see some different after using it for quite some time. It is pricey, but I'm really enjoying using it in the morning, after my Lancôme serum I put few drops in my hands, and slightly pat it into my skin. 

Price: €109,00 - 250ml on net-a-porter.com

Nr. 3. Avène Soothing Misture Mask

I might be never talking about this face mask in my blog, but it' definitely my number one face mask. We all have had some bad skin days during the month, in that time I always put a thick layer of this Avène mask in the evening to give my skin a day off. It's very gentle, don't break me out, and my skin felt much better after applying it. It can be also used as a overnight mask - I always do it- , you just need to wash it out in the morning, and then do your normal skincare routine. 

Price: £12,00 in Boots 

Nr. 4. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant 

My hands are super dry, I always wanted to find a good hand cream that not only for my hands but can be also used for my dry nails. When you put a thick layer of this cream on your hands and nails, massage it in, your hands are super soft and well moisturized. 

Here is my first impression of this product.

Nr. 5. Nuxe Rêve De Miel Lip balm

If you'd read my blog not long ago, you would know that I'm such a big fan of this Rêve De Miel lip balm. I use it every single day, whenever I felt my lips need moisturize. It's very natural; no specific scent; a little bit goes a long way. I have a full blog post of this amazing Nuxe lip balm, it's totally worth every penny that you spend on. 

Nr. 6. Macadamia Deep Repair Masque

Besides the skincare, I also found out the best hair mask. Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, it's the best revitalizing hair reconstructor for dry and damaged hair. It gives your hair a natural shine with no weight down. After the first using of this deep repair mask I had already seen the different, my hair was much more soft and shiny. Comparing to the other hair products in the high street shops I would like to spend a little bit more money on the product that really can make me see the different. 

Nr. 7. La Roche-Posay 50+ Anthelios XL - Tinted Fluid

Holly Grail! I can't tell you how much I like this La Roche-Posay sunscreen. I'd tried few products from other brands, but it just made my skin feel not good at all, it's very heavy and thick, the smell was also not pleasant. So when this summer started I walked into the pharmacy, and told the sales that I wanted a spf for my face, but I did not like the heavy feeling, so it must be very lightweight, and if it's tinted, would be better. And I found it! This Antheliso XL Ultra-Light 50+ has all the good things that I wanted. It's very watery; ultra light; non-perfumed; paraben-free; also for sensitive and intolerant skin. 

Price: €21,12 on feelunique.com

Nr. 8. Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

There is no surprising that the Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation is still one of my favorite foundation in my makeup box. Yes, I still use it in the winter time. I have talked it many times in my blog: What you need for this party seasonBeauty products I will repurchase; Top 3 foundation. If I can only choose one foundation, this one is a must have to me. 

Nr. 9. YSL Rouge Pur Couture 36

I'm such a lazy person when it comes to lip colors. I barely wear lipstick during the day time. But actually a bright lip color can easily make your face pop, you even don't need lots of makeup on. Red lipstick is a little bit too much in the day time, so I chose the coral color to brighten up my complexion, and make me look more awake and healthy. 

Nr. 10. Rimmel London Salon Pro Nail Polish 237 Soul Session

I wear this Rimmel nail polish a lot this year, it's the perfect nude color. When I first saw people wearing nude nail polish, I thought this color would not suit me, because I do not have long nails. I always thought wearing nail polish on the short nails was not flattering at all. But this color really amazed me a lot. It has a long lasting power, up to 7 days; gel like finish; anti-fade color; and does not easy get chipped; very affordable price; easy to get in the shop. All those amazing things made me become a nail polish lover.

I'm so sad to say Goodbye to 2014 but meanwhile it's time to say Hello to 2015! I hope you all have an amazing holiday, and see you guys next year!



post signature